4TeX 5 updates
- There is a bug in the file HYPEN.LST, which is used to select hyphenation
patterns. After generating a LaTeX format files that includes patterns for
Portuguese, Babel will still complain that Portuguese hyphenation is not supported.
Change line 49 "Portugese" to "Portuguese" and regenerate the format file. Now
things should work as expected.
- A large update is available now. Your system will be updated to Web2c version
22.214.171.124 of TeX 3.14159. Your pdfTeX version will be updated to 14h-pretest-20010210;
pdfeTeX to 14h-pretest-20010210-2.1. Your LaTeX version will be updated to 2000/06/01,
using Babel v3.6Z. Your ConTeXt version will be updated to 2000.5.11. The 4TeX programs
have not been updated. This is the current state of the art on 24 Februari 2001.
First read the instructions! Then download the update:
- The full version (17 MB), containing new format files
for TeX, LaTeX, pdfLaTeX and ConTeXt. Choose this one if you do not or don't
know how to generate format files, or if you have no idea what format files are.
- The minimal version (still 12 MB), not containing
any format files. Choose this one only if you will be generating new format
files anyway. You will have to, otherwise you can no longer compile documents!
- BibTeX may not run properly. Reason: if you have selected a bibliography
you will get the erroneous message ".aux file is missing".
You can get around this bug by not specifying a bibliography file,
but that is most inconvenient. You can download a new version of 4TeX
that fixes this problem: 4TEX.EXE or
4TEX.ZIP (use "unzip" or "winzip" to decompress).
Simply put 4TEX.EXE on your harddisk and make any shortcut to 4TeX point
to this executable. No other changes are necessary, but make sure you are
using the original file BIBTEX.BTM as distributed on the
- The texmf/ttf2pk directory is missing. It's very unlikely,
though, that this will cause problems. If you need it, make this directory
and unzip this file in it. Don't forget to
regenerate the ls-R index file!
- In TEXMF.CNF there is an error in the variable TTFONTS.
TTFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/truetype//
TTFONTS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/ttf//
- On the second cdrom in the directory \Distribution\4DOS the
file 4dos602.zip mysteriously vanished. You can
from JP Software's WWW server.
4TeX home |
Nederlandstalige TeX Gebruikersgroep
Plantage Kerklaan 65/1
1018 CX Amsterdam
Last modified: 5 October 1999